Stumbled upon one and went on to find a list of iPad apps for learning Physics.
Learn Physics (Free)
- Short notes on kinematics, dynamics, etc.
- A growing library of over 80 hands-on Science lessons that are great for home and the classroom.
- Mechanics (Brachistochrone)
- Thermodynamics (Molecular Freedom)
- Optics (Circular polarisation light, Newtonian rings)
- Electromagnetics (Electric field)
- Vibration & Wave (Lissajous Curves, Beats, Square wave, Ripple tank interference)
- Modern Physics (Bohr atom)
- With “String” app you will learning about waves on a string.
- Spring mass
- RLC Circuit
- This game helps students develop an intuition for frictionless environments. Let them play the game before introducing Newton’s laws of mechanics.
- Use this app for labs or demonstrations of: kinetic theory of gas, atmospheric density, relative densities in a gas, external forces on the energy (temperature) of a gas, entropy, suction cups, Brownian motion, constant acceleration, the acceleration of different body densities in a frictionless environment, or the coefficient of restitution in an ideal physics environment.
Loughborough Wave Lab (Free)
- App on electromagnetic spectrum
Newton’s Cradle (Free)
Isaac Newton’s Gravity HD (Free)
- Gravity puzzle game
Orbit Architect (Free)
- Orbit Architect allows you to interactively design and explore satellite orbital geometry through the multi-touch interface of the iPad.
- Electricity quizzes and revision notes for secondary level science students
Particle Zoo (Free)
- Learn about subatomic particles
- Use this game to introduce physics and chemistry students to the kinetic theory of gases.
Ripple Tank (Free, USD5.99)
- A port of Falstad’s java simulation
- creatR is a powerful 2D physics simulator for iPad. Using its easy-to-learn interface, even those with no physics background will be making complex simulations in no time.
- Add charges and walls. Watch potentials and fields in real time.
- Electrons is a charged particle simulator for iPad. It allows you to create dozens of positively or negatively charged particles, either freely roaming in space, or contained within conducting bodies.
Atom in a box (USD4.99)
- Simulate all the orbitals of atoms
- The mac version is free but the iPad/iPhone version cost money
Gravity Lab (USD1.99)
- Gravity Lab is a gravity simulator for iPad. It allows you to create dozens of particles with different masses and different initial velocities by simply tapping the screen or drawing a velocity vector.
Vernier Video Physics (USD2.99)
- Vernier Video Physics for iOS brings physics video analysis
- Another gravity simulator
- This application contains a number of virtual laboratories (or labs) designed to complement topics covered in engineering electromagnetic courses.
- iCircuit is the premier iPad and iPhone app for designing and experimenting with circuits.