Set up an appointment slot
To start, you’ll need to set a time slot that you’d like to make available for appointments. To do that, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Calendar account at https://calendar.google.com.
- Click anywhere in the calendar grid. In the event bubble that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- Indicate the details for the appointment slot using these fields:
- What: Enter a short title for the appointment(s), for example “Professor Brown’s Office Hours”.
- Calendar drop-down menu: Choose the calendar that you’d like to create the appointment slot on.
- Offer as a single appointment: Select this button if the entire time slot will be for one appointment.
- Split into smaller slots: Select this option if you’d like to allow multiple appointments to be scheduled during the slot. Simply select and indicate the duration for each appointment (in minutes) in the text box to the right.
You’re set up! Your appointment slot will be displayed as a single event on your calendar and on the calendars of any invitees. You’ll be able to distinguish the appointment slot from other events by its striped pattern. Once actual appointments have been booked, they’ll appear as normal events overlapping with the striped appointment slot.
To let people start booking appointments, simply direct them to the appointment page. You can find the URL for it at the top of the appointment slot details page.
Visitors to this page will see a calendar showing the available appointments. They’ll also see their own calendar overlaid on the appointment page, making it easy to see what times are suitable for them.
To book an appointment, visitors simply click one of the available appointment buttons and click Save. Visitors can also edit other fields in the pop-up to make changes to the title, location and event description.
Appointments that have been booked won’t be visible to future visitors to the appointment page.
Attendees can cancel their appointment by deleting or declining the event on their own calendar, which will appear as a decline on your calendar. The appointment then becomes bookable for future visitors to the appointment page.